Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Levels of importance.

So, I attended the Portland Green Drinks function last night held at the old public market. Every previous time I had gone, it had been a casual and free event. This time, they stepped it up and required you to purchase either a take home glass, a recycleable plastic cup, or bring your own vessel of whatever you have available. Tina and I opted for the rather handsome glasses, while Henry stayed classy and used his water bottle.

It was definitely odd to be back in that space in a different light. I don't know that I enjoy it nearly as much with all of the cube farms.

At one point, a lady on the balcony decided to throw tshirts to us down below. After two drinks, there is nothing you seem to want more than a Uniter Way tshirt. My first attempt resulted in injuring the man next to me with fingernails ( which I need to cut, I should be doing that now instead of this ) so I stepped back to tell Henry and Tina and a shirt landed in my arms. It was rather perfect.

Add to that a beefeater from Henry VIII's and a sangria, it was a wonderful evening.

No comments: